ASHWG is a partnership of strategic governmental and non-governmental organizations committed to advancing the sexual health and wellness of youth in California. It has four main goals:
- To improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes and health equity among California youth.
- To increase access to exemplary sexual health education among California youth.
- To increase access to sexual and reproductive health services among California youth.
- To promote positive youth development and healthy relationships among California youth.
If you would like to contribute to these efforts, please complete the application below.
To be successful, ASHWG members should be from adolescent-focused programs and have expertise and experience representing the interests of youth or with planning, managing, delivering and researching prevention programs and policies that address adolescent sexual and reproductive health. These individuals should have broad knowledge of the programs and projects of the organization they represent and/or be considered a member of the management team of those organizations.
Requirements for membership:
- Commitment to advancing the sexual health of adolescents throughout California.
- Support of employer and personal commitment to engage in ASHWG work.
- Representative of a state agency, NGO, youth-focused collaborative, coalition, or other relevant organization.
- Serves in a role of mid-to-high level program manager or administrator from adolescent-focused program, or holds a leadership role as a member of an organization that works to improve the lives of adolescents in their region or throughout California.
Duties of General Members
- Membership and participation on one or more ASHWG standing sub-committees.
- Attend at least two of the three annual membership meetings in-person, or send an agency representative when unable to attend.
- Respond to requests made via ASHWG mailing list in a timely manner.
- Maintain current contact information with ASHWG Secretary.